This blog is maintained by postgraduate students working in Epistemology at the University of Edinburgh Philosophy Department, and forms part of the Epistemology @ Edinburgh research cluster within the department. Here are some of the research issues that are of particular interest to those working in epistemology at the University of Edinburgh:
- Why, if at all, are epistemic standings valuable?
- What constitutes a cognitive process?
- How should one best understand, and respond to, the problem of scepticism?
- How should one understand the notion of an epistemic virtue and what role, if any, does it play in a theory of knowledge?
- What, if anything, ought I to believe?